Builder's Plate Placement on a CD22

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Builder's Plate Placement on a CD22

Post by trapper »

I just received my bronze builder's plate from Bristol Bronze but I don't know where to put it on a CD22. Roger at Bristol suggested in the cockpit behind the tiller. Is that where the original was? Did they really mount that plastic one? :?: My plastic one was in the drawer in the galley.

I saw an earlier post where the plate goes above the companionway on a CD30 but that is not possible on the CD22. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Fran.
Joe Clark

Post by Joe Clark »

Hello Fran, on our 1982 CD22d, the builders plate is located on the right side of the upper frame of the companionway.

Joe
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Builder's plate location

Post by trapper »

Thanks Joe. That is where Ben said it should go. Do you know if that is the original location?
Gary M
1982 CD22
Marina del Rey, CA

Post by Gary M »

Hi Fran,

My CD22 has two builder's plates.

One is centered over the companionway and one is center on the teak board behind the tiller and below the main sheet traveler.

I believe these are original but who knows?

I bought a third one to cover a hole in the companionway bulkhead where a WM knotmeter used to be. It looks like this one is becoming permanent too!

Gary
Joe Clark

Post by Joe Clark »

Fran

It appears to be original. I see no evidence otherwise. Though we did not own the boat new, my quess is that it's the original location on our boat.

Joe
bill2

resurrected pic's

Post by bill2 »

FWIW - I dug put the pic's from back when I sold my cd22. I have a pic showing one plate on the starboard side of the companionway facing aft - as I recall she was an '82.

If you want to send me an email I'll return a copy of the pic ( jpg format )
Zeida
Location: 1982 CD33 "Bandolera II" Hull #73Key Biscayne-Miami, Florida

Post by Zeida »

On my 1980 CD25 which I bought brand new then, the bronze plate was located in the cockpit right behind the tiller, on the center of the teak board which held the mainsheet traveller.
Zeida
CDSOA Member