replacement for Simpson Lawrence anchorman power 700 windlas

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jbodkin

replacement for Simpson Lawrence anchorman power 700 windlas

Post by Jbodkin »

Greetings, I have a simpson lawrence anchorman 700 windlass on my 1982 CD 36 (#69) that needs replacement (cracked gear housing and frozen shaft). Does anyone have recommendation for a replacement windlass that will utilize the existing Simpson Lawrence mounting template, or experience/advice for replacing the existing mounting block. Attached is a photo of the existing mounting block. Thanks for any and all replys. Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul D.

Re: replacement for Simpson Lawrence anchorman power 700 win

Post by Paul D. »

The deck template looks similar for the Lewmar V2 windlass I installed on our 33 a couple years ago. I've had good results using this with an all chain rode and the installation looks really clean and simple on the foredeck. I will see if I can find a picture to add when I am not procrastinating work...

Here's the installation manual link; see if the measurements are close. Good luck.

http://www.ironbarque.net/Boat%20Docume ... manual.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
CDSOA Member