Boat still on the hard!

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Carl Thunberg

Re: Boat still on the hard!

Post by Carl Thunberg »

One day at a time guys. It's March 24. Call me a glass half-full guy, but a lot can change for the better in a couple months. China got theirs under control in two months. Of course, it helps being an authoritarian regime. We know how to stop the spread of this, if people will simply comply.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Jim Cornwell

Post by Jim Cornwell »

I fervently hope you're right, Carl! But friends of ours in the world of academic medicine here in Philly think otherwise and strongly advise hunkering down for quite a while. One thing we DIY boat owners can do is to donate any supplies we have of N95 masks to our nearest hospitals. The systemic shortage is critical and resupply under the too-little-too-late federal government initiative will not be in health care providers' hands soon enough.
Mike Davis

Post by Mike Davis »

I can't even see using my boat for this season. I can''t even leave my house.
gates_cliff

Post by gates_cliff »

I'm in the same situation as all of you. I'm on the hard in Edgewater, MD. Talked with marina staff and has tentatively scheduled launch for April. I think it would be prudent to reconsider that. I have a doctor buddy that reminded me that my advanced age, 76, with some medical history, that I'm in the more/most vulnerable group. He suggested that even driving over to the marina and working on the boat that I'd inevitably come in contact with others and strongly recommended that I just sit it out, here at home. Which is totally against my nature.
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide