Standard Horizon SL45 Digital Speed Log

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
LouLepis

Standard Horizon SL45 Digital Speed Log

Post by LouLepis »

I'm looking for any suggestions on sourcing parts for my somewhat ancient Horizon Speed Log, (Model SL45) specifically another impeller. I've recently replaced the impeller with a new one, but understand they are no longer available from Signet Marine, which now sells "newer" versions of this model.

Any tips, suggestions will be very welcome. Thanks - Lou (CD33, Hull #63, located in San Diego)
John Lesage
Location: U4rhea CD25 and relative partner of Ty Angela Marie now in Australia

Re: Standard Horizon SL45 Digital Speed Log

Post by John Lesage »

Here's the stuff, check out what you wish. the red impeller seems like it could work.
John
Attachments
signet.png
signet.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 126 times
LouLepis

Re: Standard Horizon SL45 Digital Speed Log

Post by LouLepis »

Hello John, yes I agree the "red" impeller might work, (looks like the correct/similar size to my existing unit) would you consider just selling that portion of the unit? Did the unit work, before you removed it from the vessel? Looks like bottom paint on it, so I suspect it can be cleaned up, and hopefully become operable.

I can mail you a check, and when you receive it, have the package sent to my home. Thanks in advance - Lou Lepis