25D head modification for you wood workers

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rtbates

Re: 25D head modification for you wood workers

Post by rtbates »

Dick Barthel wrote:
rtbates wrote:thanks for the compliments guys. It's made out of red oak from Homedepot. Biggest time consumer was mocking it up. First out of cardboard, then 1/4 fiber board. It's really nice to have the entire area flat and free to use as a temp shelf when pulling stuff out of the two lockers.
Randy,

DW is still underwraps so I can't visualize actually accessing the lockers. Is it a reach or is the distance so short it's not an issue? t does give it a big ship look! Nice work.

Dick
It's a very short reach as the wood doesn't extend but maybe an inch past the head. And having all the flat surface to pile the stuff on as I empty a locker looking for something is really nice.
Randy 25D Seraph #161
barfwinkle

Post by barfwinkle »

Morning to all

Randy what make and model of head did you use. That head is not OEM is it? I may well be replacing Rhapsody's in the near future.

Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
rtbates

Post by rtbates »

barfwinkle wrote:Morning to all

Randy what make and model of head did you use. That head is not OEM is it? I may well be replacing Rhapsody's in the near future.

Fair Winds
It's a LAVAC, which uses an external bilge type pump. Henderson 5, IF I remember correctly. The head comes with the pump. Best head I've ever used. Getting the pump installed behind the head was a challenge but it works great after I made a 90 degree bracket out of wood to mount the pump. Close the lid to provide suction to bring in flush water. Raise the head to just pump out the bowl. Couldn't be simpler.
Randy 25D Seraph #161