Double your pleasure, double your fun - Buy Two Typhoons

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Re: Double your pleasure, double your fun - Buy Two Typhoons

Post by mashenden »

Thanks for the congrats, John.

Also part of the deal was a fun Cinco De Mayo at the Jersey Shore. I was by far the oldest kid on the boardwalk :)
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

Oh, and please check out my webpage... http://VaRivah.com
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Post by trapper »

Matt,

I am so excited for you. As you know, it is amazing what a good bath can do for a dirty Cape Dory! We are coming up for the regatta. See you in Deltaville in June! What a deal! Congrats!!!!!
mashenden
Location: "Nautica" CD-36 #84, Ty-K #83, & CD-10 #1539 in Urbanna, VA. 4 other Tys in past

Post by mashenden »

trapper wrote:Matt,

I am so excited for you. As you know, it is amazing what a good bath can do for a dirty Cape Dory! We are coming up for the regatta. See you in Deltaville in June! What a deal! Congrats!!!!!
Thank you, Fran.

I look forward to catching up on your CD and Ensign stories. I hope to have one of my Tys ready for Nationals, but if not, I will definitely be there.
Matt Ashenden
- I used to like boating and fixing stuff, then I bought a couple of boats and now I just fix stuff :)

mashenden

Post by mashenden »

The latest update, in case it is of any interest (probably not)...

Recap: I bought a Weekender, "MOCO", in April out of RI because I could not find a Daysailer and wanted... NEEDED a Typhoon for the Summer. A month later an auction surfaced on E-Bay for 2 Typhoons in NJ. One Daysailer and one Weekender. I won the auction. Yeay, Gasp. At that point my Ty count was at 3. In June, I gave one away since I did not want to spend another weekend traveling, loading and towing yet another boat.

After fixing up a few things that MOCO needed, a friend and I sailed her in the Ty National race. MOCO did very well in our first race - placed 2nd. And we were very encouraged in the other races at how well the boat pointed. Clearly a competitive boat.

Last week I realized it was time to focus on putting in a new cockpit floor into the Daysailer, so MOCO went on the market at a very respectable price. The lowest priced Ty on the market :) In total, 4 people were interested, and she sold to the first Captain. Honestly, I was kinda hoping she would take a month or so to sell, but I am glad to report she went to a good family of boaters and that she will remain in the general area (reloed to the Piankatank River).

And then there was 1 :)
Matt Ashenden