Introducing my Typhoon in New York

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

mattlydon

rondezvous sounds great

Post by mattlydon »

I'm also planning to head to the july 4th Northport gig - if anyone else was thinking about it, perhaps we could go in convoy......

Matt

btw - what's GrFa short for?
GrFa
Stony Point, NY

Post by GrFa »

Drum roll please...my name. Greg Falk.
Greg Falk
Domenic
Location: Cape Dory 10 Hull 1278 & Moody 45ac Janique III Liberty Landing Marina. Jersey City.

Hi John

Post by Domenic »

Hi john, Next time you are at Liberty Landing. I am on F Dock. It is funny that just after I bought my Tayana 37. A Big Cape Dory came up for sale. Always, Domenic
GrFa
Stony Point, NY

Post by GrFa »

Domenic,

How long have you been at Liberty Landing with the Tayana? We docked next to one on our way up the Hudson in 2008.
Greg Falk
Bill Goldsmith

Re: CD32 Loonsong--HUDSON RENDEZVOUS?????

Post by Bill Goldsmith »

Warren Kaplan wrote:Bill Goldsmith sails his CD32 Loonsong out of Croton I believe.
Yup, I am on the Hudson, too. I now sail out of Ossining, just south of Croton.

A Hudson Rendezvous is in order!!!!!

I'll be anchored out for the Ossining Fireworks Friday July 2. I will be scanning 9, 16, 68 and 72. How about a CD raft-up around 8pm if it's calm!!!??
tartansailor

Re: Dear Ipsich...

Post by tartansailor »

Bob Ohler wrote:Ipswich, don't feel bad about your obsession. I once had a fellow Cape Dory Sailor say about me: "He's only man I know who bought a Cape Dory and turned it onto a religion."

This statement about me may be more accuarate now than ever!

Fair winds!

Bob O.
Owning, maintaining and sailing a Cape Dory is a religion,
and this board is the repository of the epistles.
Now all we have to do is lay hands on our high priests, the guys with the biggest boats. :D

Dick
ipswich

Post by ipswich »

GrFa wrote:We have a winner! Our CD28 is at Minisceongo, also in Stony Point. Our club also has a Typhoon, or had I don't think I've seen it yet this season and a 25.

I learned to sail out of the Nyack Boat Club. I think a Hudson River CD rendezvous is in order. What say everyone?
cool!
how does one become a member of the miniseongo yacht club? the club i'm at a little up the river has pretty much NO sailboats. it's a drag. it's all loud motorboats and their equally loud owners.