CD 33 on ebay (but closes in 2 1/2 hrs)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

drb9

Shill, confirmed.

Post by drb9 »

If anyone thinks the guy is not using shills and sham auctions, the relisting of his boat confirms that he is.

The new listing is here.

The seller ID is now "sappmeister," who has one feedback rating. This feedback was left, by original seller, Sailor6364, back on July 6, 2008.

I'm reporting the guy to eBay.
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

Kevin, I buy from E-bay all of the time. I have bought 2 trucks and my CD 31 from E-bay. My buying policy is simple. If I had not previously seen the item I will bring cash. If it was not as represented then I don’t pay. I know I am buying from an auction but that does not mean I need to pull my pants down.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
Jimbo
Location: cd 27 malletts bay vt. Cattail cd 14 #65 cd 10 #2251

It's on yachtworld also

Post by Jimbo »

Stuart fla 24000 look @ the pics
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

This has got to be one of the worst written ads I have ever seen on YachtWorld!
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... 77371&url=
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
BillNH

Re: Shill, confirmed.

Post by BillNH »

drb9 wrote:If anyone thinks the guy is not using shills and sham auctions, the relisting of his boat confirms that he is.

The new listing is here.

The seller ID is now "sappmeister," who has one feedback rating. This feedback was left, by original seller, Sailor6364, back on July 6, 2008.

I'm reporting the guy to eBay.
I guess eBay must have come to the same conclusion, as the listing has been pulled from eBay...
Jimbo
Location: cd 27 malletts bay vt. Cattail cd 14 #65 cd 10 #2251

On craigslist now

Post by Jimbo »

N/m
Leonard Lookner

CD 33 on ebay

Post by Leonard Lookner »

Just noticed that this boat is now listed on Yacht World for 30,000.00
captzigzag

33' Cape Dory

Post by captzigzag »

Just found this post about my new, to me, boat. Now I must change the name to protect the innocent. :D

You can be assured that I paid less than all numbers thrown about. The former owner has been very helpful. He just got back to the marina from St. Thomas in his new boat.

It does float, does need the topsides fixed and painted, a new stove, change everything propane, port and hatch gaskets, screens and sanitary hoses. Like all older boats different owners have added or rigged things in haste. All things electrical work, but to much raw wire showing behind AC panels.

The interior cleaned up good, rigging, and engine are in good shape! Had Mack Sails go over the five sails and all but one have some years left. The spinnaker is just ok.

Will probably stay in Florida for the summer and head for the mouth of the Potomac next spring.

"all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by"
Russell

Re: 33' Cape Dory

Post by Russell »

captzigzag wrote: It does float, does need the topsides fixed and painted, a new stove, change everything propane, port and hatch gaskets, screens and sanitary hoses. Like all older boats different owners have added or rigged things in haste. All things electrical work, but to much raw wire showing behind AC panels.
All the above can be expected for any CD that has not gone through a restoration (and somtimes you are better off without the "restoration"), if you got a good price you did well.
Russell
s/v (yet to be named) Tayana 42CC
s/v Lady Pauline Cape Dory 36 #117 (for sale)
Bill S

Post by Bill S »

Congratulations! Good boat at an excellent price. I sailed on her to Bermuda and back a number of years ago. She handled 25 foot seas and up to 75 mph winds very well. I know some of the history (up to the last two owners) and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about her.

I mostly sail Florida East coast, Keys, and the Bahamas and keep my boat in Vero Beach.

Have fun,

Bill
doubleb

Ditto

Post by doubleb »

Congratulations.
We just recently purchased a CD33 #49 1981 within the last 2 months. A step up from our CD25, Yours sounds a lot like ours. It is in need of some repair but over all a great boat. Fortunately/unfortunately this boat is almost like it came off the show room floor not a lot of modifications. Just repairs and good times!
We are on the St. Johns River in Jax. Fl.
Good luck
Brian & Shane
captzigzag

33' Cape Dory

Post by captzigzag »

Thanks for the replys and emails. This is a fantastic site. This week I've learned a lot about the boat and it's history.

If you're going to be in Hutchenson Island, Stuart, Jensen Beach or Port St Lucie you won't be far so stop by for a visit.

CaptZigZag
wizard

Post by wizard »

Capt zigzag, so you are the new owner of the vessel located on Nettles island in Jensen beach fl? is this the same vessel that is now listed for 43,500.00 with wholesale marine out of ft lauderdale? I'm confused, this boat was supposedly sold for 20,200 on ebay then 27,500, now listed for 43500? could you please explain?
captzigzag

Post by captzigzag »

That is my boat. Thanks for the heads up.

Just got off the phone with wholesale marine to find out how my boat got on their website. The broker said he was sorry but didn't know the boat had been sold.

Good luck on finding a boat.