CD 33 on ebay (but closes in 2 1/2 hrs)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
bgephart

Sold for $27,500

Post by bgephart »

Looks like someone got a nice boat for a good price.
BillNH

Post by BillNH »

Somebody got a good deal on this one... :D

Hard to watch CD values decline like this (along with everything else in this economy...). In talking with the seller this boat was very well-maintained and well-equipped - I would have thought it would have commanded a higher price...
MFC
Hull No.128

Hi

Post by MFC »

If this is the boat that I think it is, it sold at ebay auction last year or the year before for approximately 23K. I've been on it and while it is well equipped in certain respects, it is not in overall great (or even good) shape by any stretch of the imagination and has been altered in a few key areas. There is another 33 in JAX that is poorly equipped but I think a much more sound boat with great potential and can probably be had for a song.
-Matt
ronkberg

Hmmmm, did not sell.......

Post by ronkberg »

This boat apparently did not sell for $27,500 and thus is listed again on ebay.

Anybody planning to buy it now?

Maybe I'll offer an even trade for my Typhoon !

Ron
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Sailing in Saco Bay, Maine
ronkberg

Anybody in the hunt ?

Post by ronkberg »

Only a day and 10hrs as of my posting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT
Ron Kallenberg
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Sailing in Saco Bay, Maine
Jeff and Sarah
Location: CD33 "Prerequisite" / CD28 Flybridge Trawler "Toboggan"; Annapolis, MD

Maybe I'm picky, but...

Post by Jeff and Sarah »

I could be overly critical, but if you are trying to sell something on eBay for any substantial amount of money, doesn't it seem like you'd want to put together a legible description? I'm always a little wary of someone who claims their item is the 'nicest on the market', yet doesn't have enough time to use capital letters or appropriate punctuation. Should that lead me to believe they have had enough time to maintain the boat?

Some of the interior changes are interesting and worth considering. I wish there were more photos though.
drb9

Seller feedback . . . .

Post by drb9 »

The winning bidder left negative feedback: "crazing bow to stern,BUYER BEWARE, seller misled cond. of boat,no refund of dep. vifishbay ( 150) "

Now, on these boats, I understand that crazing is pretty common, and mostly a cosmetic issue.

Anyway, now we know more of why the winning bidder backed out.
sealark
"Sea Lark"

Ebay is not for me

Post by sealark »

With no disrespect to any of the involved parties - I couldn't possibly imagine putting a $27,500 bid on a boat I had never seen. I would have driven to see the boat before making the bid - and if I couldn't - I would not have bid.

But by the same token - I can't imagine not giving someone their money back if they didn't like the product.

I just don't think Ebay is the venue for me when it comes to boat buying - too impersonal.

Kevin W.
Jeff and Sarah
Location: CD33 "Prerequisite" / CD28 Flybridge Trawler "Toboggan"; Annapolis, MD

Seller feedback

Post by Jeff and Sarah »

The buyer's feedback was posted- here's what the seller had to say about the buyer:

"HORRABLE BUYER SEEMED MEDICATED DIDNT EVEN KNOW HOW TO SAIL SCARED OF TRIP BACK Feb-16-10 16:13
Seller: sailer6364(21)"

I'm glad I wasn't involved in this debacle, but it sure would have been fun to be a fly on the wall!
drb9

This time it closed for $20,200!

Post by drb9 »

I'll watch the feedback rating for seller & buyer and see if we have a happy deal this time or not.
bgephart

Sold for $20,200 ???

Post by bgephart »

EBay shows this boat sold for $20,200, with the reserve met, so I think that means he has to sell for that price. This is several thousand lower than last week for this same boat. If this boat is still floating I don't see how the new owner can lose.
Jeff and Sarah

I guess it's still not sold:

Post by Jeff and Sarah »

http://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/1607345763.html

Does that mean there was another disappointed eBay buyer?
mgphl52

Post by mgphl52 »

Caveat Emptor!!!
I just hope he's not using the boat to scam deposits.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
drb9

Shill

Post by drb9 »

I'm assuming that he had a shill bidding the price up. It would normally take more than a day for a deal to fall apart, and if there were an eager buyer, he would have left negative feedback once he found out the seller wouldn't complete the transaction.

Instead, I'm guessing that the seller asked a family member or friend to keep bidding up to a certain amount, understanding that if they won, the seller would just cancel the whole thing. It's an unseemly practice, and serves as further caution against dealing with this guy.

Hopefully, the boat will transfer into honorable hands soon.
Jimbo
Location: cd 27 malletts bay vt. Cattail cd 14 #65 cd 10 #2251

It's Baaaaaaack !!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jimbo »

Whodathunk