THE LAST VOYAGE OF WINDY II

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

A Possible Option

Post by Oswego John »

CASteve,

You are quite correct. If there was a glitch in the transfer of ownership of W2, a contingency plan was to continue to sail onward to Charleston, SC.

Since the captain and family have a permanent home in Charleston, as well as some of the crew, it would be nice to enjoy a bit of R and R in familiar surroundings.

Depending on how things work out, there may be a "family" reunion in the Caribbean aboard the W2 this winter. Included on the attending guest's list will be the present owner's first grandchild, due in early winter. Another generation of sea captains. The mother-to-be literally took her first toddler's steps on the deck of a previously owned sailing craft, many years before the dream of acquiring the first Windy was fulfilled.

It's supposed to go down to about 30° F in Camelot on the Lake tonight. :roll:

O J
trapper
CD25D, Lake Murray SC

Carhleston Nov. 13-16

Post by trapper »

Oh,

We will be out of town or I would photograph her for you. If you let me know where she will be, I will try to have someone get some pics for us.