25D or 27 or ?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rtbates

the 25D's galley

Post by rtbates »

The best thing you can do for the 25D's galley is get rid if the stock companion way ladder and build one that's attached to the engine room cover. Amassing how much this one mods opens up the cabin especially around the sink.
Randy 25D Seraph #161
barfwinkle

Galley Project

Post by barfwinkle »

Randy

Have you done this mod??? If so do you have any pics. I have seen others, but dont believe I have seen yours. And you are absolutely correct about this job. One way to experience the difference is just remove the companionway ladder and see for your self. It frees up all kind of room!

Fair Winds
Bill Member #250.
Sailing Soldier

formerly CD 28 #177

CD 28

Post by Sailing Soldier »

Go with the CD 28! It has the diesel, real head, and large cockpit.

Take from a CD 28 owner.
Mike Raehl
Location: CD27 #151, Roberta Jane III, Belmont Harbor, Chicago

Same from me.....

Post by Mike Raehl »

Congrats on the new boat. Your appreciation for her handling and sea kindliness will only increase over time. Friday evening, my wife and I went out with small craft warnings posted and three to five foot waves. I had one reef in the main and shortened the 135 to about 110. She, my wife, thought it was a little bit much. She, the boat, just loved it. It was the first time we sailed into the harbor!

The weather kept most of the power boats at the dock. The owner of a Sea Ray 28 asked what kind of boat I had because he thought my CD27 was the prettiest sailboat in the harbor. Believe me, there is some stiff competition in that department. He was also frustrated with "only four days each season" that he could actually use his boat on the Lake.

Fair winds.....
Mike Raehl
dougw

cd 27

Post by dougw »

I have owned a CD27 for 2 years after much searching following the same guidelines and requirements as you stated. The cockpit comfortably fits four and kids can go where ever they want. The head required the installation of a holding tank but does offer a real facility with privacy. The boat is just a great sailer and we really enjoy it. Please email if you have further questions
rtbates

Re: Galley Project

Post by rtbates »

barfwinkle wrote:Randy

Have you done this mod??? If so do you have any pics. I have seen others, but dont believe I have seen yours. And you are absolutely correct about this job. One way to experience the difference is just remove the companionway ladder and see for your self. It frees up all kind of room!

Fair Winds
Barfwinkle:

Yes, I have done the ladder mod and yes I have pics. They are ONLY on my PC, BUT I can easily email you a few if you PM me with an email.
Randy 25D Seraph #161