YANMAR SERVICE MANUAL MARINE DIESEL ENGINES

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

YANMAR SERVICE MANUAL MARINE DIESEL ENGINES

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

During the height of the Covid pandemic I was forced to sell my beloved Cape Dory 25D, S/V Bali Ha'i.

Hull Identification Number: CPDY0069M82K
USCG Official Number: 1237123

In preparation for the sale to a sailor in New Hampshire I carefully searched my home for any items associated with S/V Bali Ha'i. I thought I had collected it all. Not surprisingly, I was wrong. :oops:

During a recent Spring cleaning venture with the Admiral in charge I found the original YANMAR Service Manual Marine Diesel Engines. It is the original manual. It is the large, thick 200 + pages book intended for diesel mechanics as a reference and service manual. It covers the following Yanmar engines:

I GM (10l)
2 GM (F)(L)
3 GM (D)(F)(L)
3 HM (F)(L)

I would hope to find the current caretaker of S/V Bali Ha'i so that I can forward the Yanmar manual to him/her. My search so far for the current caretaker has resulted in "no joy". :( It is my understanding he homeports somewhere in the Boston Harbor area,

If you are the caretaker, please contact me via email or private message. If you know who the current caretaker is please let them know about this post.

Thank you.

On a totally unrelated matter, this sailing season is projected to be particularly difficult with many, many storms, named storms, major storms, etc. The official prediction does not come out for several weeks but that is the scuttlebutt.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
DMacFl

Re: YANMAR SERVICE MANUAL MARINE DIESEL ENGINES

Post by DMacFl »

Hopefully, the scuttlebutt is wrong, as meteorologists
are half the time 🤣🤣

Good luck finding the buyer.
Hope he sees this 👍
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

Roberto! It’s nice to hear from you, you should post more often. Always enjoyed your posts in the past. We need our hurricane updates back.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

I will try to make one last attempt to locate the current caretaker of S/V Bali Ha'i (now possibly renamed True North) to see if they want the Yanmar manuals for the 1GM. If no one speaks up a member on this board has asked for them.

The current caretaker recently (March/A;ril 2024) purchased his/her CD 25D from a sailor in New Hampshire. It may have been renamed Tru North. She is possibly homeported in the Greater Boston Harbor area.

I wish all a safe and fun sailing season. Temp in Miami today was 104 F. The corresponding hot water temps spawn larger, stronger and more frequent storms. :( :(
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Dino
Location: Oriental, NC. CD 25D. Previously CD22, Typhoon and CD 10.

Post by Dino »

Hi Roberto-

I know who the current owner is, he'd reached out to me to have his "caretakership" of CD 25D #69 added to the registry. I'll contact him to let him know you're looking for him.

Regards,
Dino
Dino
Location: Oriental, NC. CD 25D. Previously CD22, Typhoon and CD 10.

Post by Dino »

Roberto-

I've heard from the current caretaker and he's authorized me to add his email address to the registry. He's applied for membership to this forum but is not yet approved so he can't contact you here. If you'll check the registry you'll find his record at row 1284.

I note there is no record of your having been the attentive caretaker of CD 25D #69 - please advise if you'd like me to add one. It seems ... "called for". [aka indicated, recommended, needed, necessary, suggested, desirable, advisable, wise, seemly, and sound].

Regards,
Dino