Rigging for CD 26

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

dgsail
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 26, Hull 50, Bridget, Montrose Harbor, ChicagoOriginal Owner

Rigging for CD 26

Post by dgsail »

For safety reasons, I am considering running my mast and jib halyards to the cockpit as well as installing a downhaul.
Has anyone done a project like this or have a CD with this type of rigging set up?

Would you remove the winches and cleat from the mast and repurpose them on the topside? or leave them on the mast and get new hardware of some type topside? How would you recommend rigging this type of configuration?

The rigger has recommended parts that are made by Viadana. How does the quality of those compare to the Rig Right resource on our CD board? Has anyone had any experience with Rig Right.

Any other information for the rigger that you believe is important to share?

Thanks!
Debbie Garrity
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Re: Rigging for CD 26

Post by jbenagh »

Take a look at this. I rigged my CD25 almost exactly this way viewtopic.php?p=140438#p140438
Jeff
dgsail
Location: 1986 Cape Dory 26, Hull 50, Bridget, Montrose Harbor, ChicagoOriginal Owner

Post by dgsail »

Thanks! I'll check it out!
Debbie Garrity
dgsail

Post by dgsail »

Jeff,
Did you repurpose your mast winches or purchase new ones?
Debbie
Debbie Garrity