Pictures from Newicks Lobster House

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

fmueller

Pictures from Newicks Lobster House

Post by fmueller »

click on the link !!!

Thank you Andy Valvolotis for: a nice talk and book !!!

But also ... OUR BOATS !

stills: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/v9fikmc3 ... iw2vl&dl=0

Live Stream: (please forgive the bad camera work - this was a first for me)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hffq25n7 ... pmg6j&dl=0

Andy -
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Re: Pictures from Newicks Lobster House

Post by John Stone »

Looks like y'all had a fine time. Wish I could have joined you. Looks cold there. Brrrr. Spring is just around the corner.
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

What a fantastic event! My thanks to all, especially Carl and Kathy Thunberg. Andy and crew didn’t disappoint. We got a hardcover book and can’t wait to read.

Here is Leslie and myself with Andy…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Dawson
CD22
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Great pictures Fred! Thank you…
Steve Dawson
CD22
CapeDory22

Post by CapeDory22 »

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Wanted to go, but am in the process of relocating my office and weekends are the only time to paint and box up. Really enjoyed the first half of the book and am building steam toward learning of the development of the 22' model.

Two questions:

1) Are the CD stickers available?

2) How was the lobster??
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

As the others have said, we had a great turnout on Saturday. Here are a couple photos of the group. Yes, the CD stickers are available. Send me a PM and we can get one to you. As for the lobster, I can't say. I had fish.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
jen1722terry

Post by jen1722terry »

Wow!

Seeing these photos makes us sad that it's been so long since we've attended Cabin Fever. We now live in Madeira all winter and usually don't return to NH until April.

So Andy V. wrote a book? Could anyone advise on how we can get a copy? Love to read it.

Miss all of you. We'll be in Northeast Harbor all summer and hopefully some of you will stop by if you're in that part of the Maine Coast. We're at float #335 on the far right side as you come into the harbor.

We launched last week to get an early start on the Maine season. Hope you all have a great summer.
Jennifer & Terry McAdams
Kearsarge, New Hampshire
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
CD 31 #33 "Glissade"
Way too many other small boats
Jim Walsh

Post by Jim Walsh »

jen1722terry wrote: Jun 12th, '24, 11:49 Wow!

Seeing these photos makes us sad that it's been so long since we've attended Cabin Fever. We now live in Madeira all winter and usually don't return to NH until April.

So Andy V. wrote a book? Could anyone advise on how we can get a copy? Love to read it.

Miss all of you. We'll be in Northeast Harbor all summer and hopefully some of you will stop by if you're in that part of the Maine Coast. We're at float #335 on the far right side as you come into the harbor.

We launched last week to get an early start on the Maine season. Hope you all have a great summer.
https://capedoryhistory.com/
This link should bring you to the site from which a copy can be purchased.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time