Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender - For Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

kpreynolds

Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender - For Sale

Post by kpreynolds »

1971, well-preserved weekender. This boat is in excellent condition owing to indoor storage and light lake use. Deck and mast step are solid (no compression post needed). Hull #368 is a rare Typhoon with an inboard Westerbeke Vire 7 in great working condition. Please see full details (and more photos) on my CL ad: https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/wolfebo ... 57958.html

New sails in 2022 (<20 hours)

Roadworthy Shoreline trailer (also in great condition from indoor storage).

All brightwork refinished

New bottom paint

Currently working on new non-slip paint for the deck and cockpit.

Asking $5900 but will give a discount for Cape Dory people who know this boat and will preserve the history (I'm only the third caretaker - and care has been taken!). Please pass along to your family and friends who might be interested.

Thanks for looking - feel free to send questions (everyone wants to see the engine, but I don't show that without getting to know a person first ; )
Typhoon.jpeg
Typhoon.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 533 times
Last edited by kpreynolds on Jun 26th, '23, 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
Ben Miller

Re: Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender - For Sale

Post by Ben Miller »

kpreynolds wrote:Thanks for looking - feel free to send questions (everyone wants to see the engine, but I don't show that without getting to know a person first ; )
I'll bet they do! I don't see a prop aperture in the out-of-the-water pic. How does all that horsepower get delivered to the water? ;) Nice-looking boat, by the way.
kpreynolds

Post by kpreynolds »

The prop comes out on the port side at a slight angle, just forward of the rudder (tiny little guy but 7 horses is way more power than needed - I keep telling my kids I'll take them tubing).
kpreynolds

Post by kpreynolds »

The boat has sold. Thanks for including me on this board - happy sailing
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

kpreynolds wrote:The boat has sold. Thanks for including me on this board - happy sailing
Congratulations on selling your boat! Please mark the boat as SOLD by changing the title in the very first post of the series to add the word "SOLD".

Smooth sailing,

Jim