New Member here of a 1989 CD 30 mkii "Nirvana" Annapolis

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

cgardella

New Member here of a 1989 CD 30 mkii "Nirvana" Annapolis

Post by cgardella »

Hi! :D
Newbie here and to CD boat ownership (well actually, to boat ownership overall) Quite overwhelmed with the responsibility to honoring "Nirvana" while in my care. I tried to add a photo but for some reason am unsuccessful.

Very excited to be here and will have lots of questions! I hope to learn much from the many years of veteran wisdom to support me on all my projects. Planning to bring her down from Baltimore to Deale MD to haul her out for maintenance in a month. She has sat since her survey which she passed with flying colors last October when I purchased her.

Currently, Looking for a jib sail (purchased without one) that is self-tacking. Any advice? I am used to being a solo sailor so need the ease and visibility more than power for me starting out. Stopped by Bacon's Sails who were quite helpful. Need to get the luff tape measures; they are telling me. Forgive me, but I am totally new to this and will make MANY errors with jargon.

Thanks in advance!
S/V Ethan Grey

Re: New Member here of a 1989 CD 30 mkii "Nirvana" Annapolis

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

Welcome aboard!
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
Chrisa006

Re: New Member here of a 1989 CD 30 mkii "Nirvana" Annapolis

Post by Chrisa006 »

Welcome, you will find a lot of knowledge here!!
Chris Anderheggen
CD25 "Windsong"
Catalina 30 "Kestrel"
Catalina 387 " Parrot Cay"
Credo quia absurdum