Cape dory 25 anchor rode locker

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

VaCD25

Cape dory 25 anchor rode locker

Post by VaCD25 »

Anyone add an anchor rode locker to CD25? I want to add a bow roller and 14lb Lewmar delta with 25ft 1/4" and 150ft 1/2"rode to my my boat. There is a space in front of liner to the hull... I think, I haven't dug to far on my boat just yet but I've seen some photos that have a deck pipe and anchor rode passing through it. My assumption is that is is fit in this space.
Any input/ photos would be appreciated.
Chrisa006

Re: Cape dory 25 anchor rode locker

Post by Chrisa006 »

My CD25 had one. The issue was you cannot get to the line once it goes below deck. I never had an issue with it though.
Chris Anderheggen
CD25 "Windsong"
Catalina 30 "Kestrel"
Catalina 387 " Parrot Cay"
Credo quia absurdum
VaCD25

Post by VaCD25 »

Thank you for reply, was thinking today about it some and I think I'll cut a small access from vberth to that space... make a nice door or use deck access plate.
pete faga

Post by pete faga »

A former owner cut a small square out on the liner so I can see how much room is there. I have to replace a couple of bolts that are broke on the bow rail which is going to be a challenge!

I like your idea of a door- the bigger the better then you will have a idea how much chain and rode
Send us a pic if you go forward with the project
Pete