Correct CDI for Typhoon Weekender

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

hinmo

Correct CDI for Typhoon Weekender

Post by hinmo »

Anyone use a CDI FF1 on their Weekender? I am reaching my budget end and want to get by with the minimum $.

Pls advise - thx
John H.
Mattapoisett, MA
1980 Weekender Typhoon " Sailing Shoes"
pjust

Re: Correct CDI for Typhoon Weekender

Post by pjust »

My Weekender came with a CDI Flexible Furler 1 and it has proven perfectly adequate. I don't know if they make them anymore, but I believe it's the bottom of the line and should be the least expensive of the lot.
Peter Just
Typhoon Weekender #602, Dolcetto, Spruce Head, ME
"It is not with impunity that we go out on the water, but with sufferance." - Roger C. Taylor
hinmo

Post by hinmo »

looks like the FF1 is readily available - Thanks
John H.
Mattapoisett, MA
1980 Weekender Typhoon " Sailing Shoes"
Dick Villamil

Post by Dick Villamil »

I put the FF1 on my weekender 9 years ago and really like it. I downsized the control line so I could get a longer line on the drum and lead the furling line back to the cleat on the cabin top (port side) because I didn't want to drill any holes in the teak or deck for sheaves or cleat. I did attach a small single block to a long shackle on the stemhead for a proper lead angle. I had a new 140 genoa made with a higher foot so I could position the jib car on the rail in the first of second track position. The price was right and purchased from "Rigging Only".