For sale: Typhoon Hull No. 6

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
HullNo.6-Stephen

For sale: Typhoon Hull No. 6

Post by HullNo.6-Stephen »

Hull No. 6.

Built without a liner: wood bulkheads, and a significantly deeper cockpit than the production versions. Not self-bailing but a lot of legroom and more headroom under the boom than production Tys.

The decks are dry – no soft spots. The sliding hatch is in rough shape but serviceable.
The toe rails were replaced prior to my ownership.
48” long genny tracks were added 2020.
New bow casting installed 2020.

The main and under-the-mast bulkheads professionally repaired/rebuilt winter 2021/22 – they still need paint (I have the matching paints for two deck and one interior colors). The old bunks were removed, but kept for patterning the next/new ones.

Topsides are rough-looking: someone did a pretty poor paint job some years ago.
The cockpit seats were rebuilt by me last spring, all fastened from underneath and thoroughly oiled.

Mast is currently keel/bulkhead-stepped, but converting to deck-stepped wouldn't be too difficult. Included if you want are the “crane” parts I built that go on an extension ladder so that two people can step the mast onto that internal bulkhead.

I have the original bronze outboard mount. What you see in the photos was an experiment for a Torqeedo mount. There may or may not be a recent Honda 2.3hp long-shaft available.

Sails:
Main has only three seasons on it; shows like new. One deep set of reef points.
130% Precision genny new 2018 has two seasons on it.
105% North working jib new 2021 with vertical battens has one season on it.
There’s a spinnaker somewhere but I don't think I ever took it out of the bag, so it's condition is a mystery.
CDI furler new 2019, new boom/hardware 2019.
Mainsail cover 2019, tiller cover, etc.

I made mahogany spacers to push the winches outboard a couple inches so the genny sheets can be trimmed at cams on top of the coaming at the winches and not at the old-school cleats on the outboard face - much easier for soloing, and easy enough to lead the working jib sheets to them. I also added cams on the house for the 105% sheets.

New blocks under the working jib cams and the halyard cleats, and all those house penetrations were over-drilled and properly potted.

Trailer: aluminum, semi-custom, has low-profile tires for easier launching, and of course an extending tongue. Lights are set up on the stern mast support with the wiring harness draped along top of boat to the truck – this way the lights and wiring never get wet. The boat and trailer arrived separately, and the longest I've towed it was 30 miles at up to 65mph - well behaved.

Boat hook, emergency ladder, anchor/rode, fenders, spare line, etc.
I got some nifty sheet bags from Etsy that mount on the outboard edge of the seats - very handy.

She’s a pretty boat with a sweet motion and good manners, and stable enough to not frighten my non-sailing guests, but she's not quite the right boat for my needs.

$8,000 which is of course considerably less than I’ve got into her. The value is largely in nearly-new sails and the lack of structural/deck/wood projects, plus the trailer. The only mission-critical tasks prior to launching are making up the new interior bunks and tabbing them to the hull, and to freshen up the bottom paint (she comes with an unopened gallon).

Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

I've got a lot more photos, but it seems I can only load three of them here. More photos on the CraigsList ad (look for it in NH CraigsList)
Thanks,
Stephen
01.jpg
01.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 434 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 434 times
05.jpg
05.jpg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 434 times