CD 300 Motor Sailer FOR SALE

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
CD30MS

CD 300 Motor Sailer FOR SALE

Post by CD30MS »

Hello World,

My wife and I began the restoration of our CD30 Motorsailer last year. We were so excited to cruise this boat around the sounds of North Carolina and the outer banks. In the meantime we had another baby, and she is simply too small for our family of 4 + dog. We will finish putting her together in September and this incredible boat will be ready for a new owner. I wanted to go ahead and get it out there that the boat would be up for sale in September so any Cape Dory fans would have a chance to make contact before it goes online to the general public.

A few notes about what we have done to the boat during the restoration. If you see a * this means they are not done yet, and will be in Sept.

Interior
-Cabin sole sanded down and refinished
-All new interior cushions
-New memory foam mattress
-Lockers and Cubbies painted
-V-berth wall carpet removed and replaced with marine insulating mildew resistant carpet
-New Head
-New Sink Faucets

Engine
-4 new motor mounts (engine removed, replaced, aligned)
-Transmission removed/ rebuilt with complete seal kit
-All new engine hoses
-Heat Exchanger removed and boiled
-Engine Painted

Running Gear
-New Cutlass Bearing
-Prop balanced and polished
-Shaft removed/ replaced for straightening/ polishing
-New PSS dripless shaft seal

Electrical/ Systems
-Two 4D lifeline AGM batteries installed for cruising
-New battery charger & inverter
-New 110v outlets
-New Standard Horizon VHF*
-Autopilot serviced and new belt installed
-Water Heater element being replaced*
-New bilge pump and hoses

Rigging
-New Running Rigging*
-New Turnbuckes where needed
-Mast removed for inspection and cleaning

Misc
-New Windows and Zippers on Pilothouse enclosure
-Pilot House headliner being replaced. *
-New Sunbrella Cockpit awning
-Arch/ Davits being compounded / polished*
-Bottom sanded back to original gelcoat and new paint
-New gaskets on opening ports
-All sea-cocks disassembled and serviced (bear of a project)

I am sure there is more, but that's all I can remember at the moment. Feel free to ask questions about things we did, how we did them, and if we did them.

The sails are in ok shape. Sailable for sure. They have been stored inside for many years. Virtually new stack pack.
Engine has less than 900 hours. Runs great.

Where this boat shows its age:
The deck of this cape dory is super solid, but is does have what I understand to be pretty classic CD crazing. It's been like that for many many years and hasn't caused any issues so we were not and are not planning to take on the task of filling/ fairing/ repainting. I have recently been using Kiwi Grip on other boats I've restored (this was supposed to be our personal boat, but I do boat work for a living) and have had great success with it's ability to fill gaps. Texture can be controlled with roller nap choice to create small tighter peaks if you don't like the heavy peak look. A clean, light textured kiwi grip would have been my solution for the nonskid areas if I cared to cover the crazing.

The boat is in Wilmington, NC with the mast down (on deck) at the moment. Can be ready for trucking within a week. Or I can have it rigged and splashed in May.

I had this boat sold for $45k but I was unable to get it finished in time for the seller because of the birth of my second son.

Thanks!
-Logan
828 sevon sevon tree 2528
Attachments
IMG_3859.JPG
IMG_3859.JPG (699.72 KiB) Viewed 363 times
IMG_3856.JPG
IMG_3856.JPG (875.04 KiB) Viewed 363 times
IMG_3854.JPG
IMG_3854.JPG (841.44 KiB) Viewed 363 times
CD30MS

Re: CD 300 Motor Sailer FOR SALE