Slide-car for 3/4-inch T-track

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
robwm

Slide-car for 3/4-inch T-track

Post by robwm »

I am trying to find a slide-car that fits on 3/4-inch T-track. My main-sheet traveler incorporates a 3/4-inch slide car with an
eye to which the main-sheet control blocks are attached. The eye in the slide-car has become tenuously thin with use and I need to find a replacement. As some of you may be aware finding a car that fits on 3/4-inch T-track has become rather difficult and I have had no luck in doing so.

I am hoping that perhaps someone on this list has an old slide-car that they have replaced and will fit the 3/4-inch T-track. If so and you no longer have a use for it please let me know what you would like for it.

Thanks in advance ...

Robert
ghockaday

Re: Slide-car for 3/4-inch T-track

Post by ghockaday »

robwm wrote:I am trying to find a slide-car that fits on 3/4-inch T-track. My main-sheet traveler incorporates a 3/4-inch slide car with an
eye to which the main-sheet control blocks are attached. The eye in the slide-car has become tenuously thin with use and I need to find a replacement. As some of you may be aware finding a car that fits on 3/4-inch T-track has become rather difficult and I have had no luck in doing so.

I am hoping that perhaps someone on this list has an old slide-car that they have replaced and will fit the 3/4-inch T-track. If so and you no longer have a use for it please let me know what you would like for it.

Thanks in advance ...

Robert
Defender has new 3/4 inch slide cars
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
wikakaru

Post by wikakaru »

Schaefer still makes a few 3/4-inch items. If this is the one you are looking for, it's model 72-46.
Schaefer 72-46.jpg
Schaefer 72-46.jpg (12.4 KiB) Viewed 244 times
I couldn't find it on Defender's web site, but you can order it directly from Schaefer. Here's a link to all the 3/4" items: https://hardware.schaefermarine.com/ind ... th=146_158

Smooth sailing,

Jim
Dick Villamil

Post by Dick Villamil »

Look in the Defender online - there are two or three Barton Track slides with captive plunger for $39 - $42 each. The Schaefer is also available but over $100