NE Fleet Annual Winter Meeting: Flanders in E Lyme CT

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

fmueller

NE Fleet Annual Winter Meeting: Flanders in E Lyme CT

Post by fmueller »

We had a nice gathering today At Flanders Fish Market in Lyme CT. today. A fun time had by all, the Salmon was particularly great.

Many thanks to Kathy Monaghan (with support from Bruce no doubt) for years of service and effort for CDSOA, especially in her roll (among others) as fleet captain in difficult times.

I can report that I was elected NE Fleet Captain for the coming season, for which I am quite flattered. On the other hand its pretty hard to lose an election if you are the only one on the ballot!

In lieu of a speaker this year we spent time discussing possible summer float-ins and cruising opportunities. I will dedicate my term to carrying this baton with energy and results. I'll have more news about the possibilities soon.

We also had the usual raffle where "trash" is miraculously turned into "trophy".

Thanks Walter Hobbs for jumping in the car with me today (Walter and I both have 27s resident on Narragansett Bay - its a mutual admiration society kind of thing - so we can talk smack about how 27s are really the best Cape Dorys :) :) ). We think we are going to buddy up to Dover together as well ... so I am looking forward to seeing our northern most members and to additional planning for the coming sailing season.

cheers

Fred Mueller

a few snaps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Jim Walsh

Re: NE Fleet Annual Winter Meeting: Flanders in E Lyme CT

Post by Jim Walsh »

Congratulations Fred, on being elected Fleet Captain. Always a great winter event with good food, great conversation, and no one goes home empty handed. Judging by the photographs a good time was had by all, once again.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
BHalley

Post by BHalley »

It was great to see everyone. Time went too quickly.

Bruce [CD32 #3 for a little while longer)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LSD87

Post by LSD87 »

Congratulations Fred! Glad to see you won the vote, of course you ran unopposed! Haha…

It was a pleasure meeting you, Cathy, Doug, Adam, Stuart and so many others at the event. As a new member and sailor Leslie and I felt welcome and we were delighted to meet such a lovely group of people. We can’t wait for Dover!

Steve and Leslie Dawson
CD22
Steve Dawson
CD22