fresh water tanks

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

stephen bowen

fresh water tanks

Post by stephen bowen »

Does anybody know who made the fresh water tanks for a circa 1987 cape dory ( 300 ms specifically) ? I am looking for the port side 30 gallon tank . thanks
Jim Walsh

Re: fresh water tanks

Post by Jim Walsh »

My 1984 CD31 has tanks made by Kracor, Grafton, Wisconsin. I don’t know if other sources were used.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
jparmen

Post by jparmen »

Stephen . . . the water tank under the quarter berth of my CD 36 was made by Anonda Plastics of Pacoina, CA. I just looked them up . . and they apparently have gone out of business. I took that water tank out last winter, to create more storage space. You're welcome to it if you think you want to try modifying it to fit your boat

Jim
jbenagh
Salem, MA

Post by jbenagh »

My CD30 has Kracor tanks. In 2012 they made me a replacement holding tank to the original CD drawings and it worked perfectly. In 2019 I asked them about a new water tank and they said they no longer sold to non-commercial accounts so I borrowed a plastic welder and fixed my old tank. Now I need to do the port tank.
Jeff
bottomscraper

Post by bottomscraper »

I don't know who made the originals but Ronco Plastics has a wide selection of base tanks that they will modify as necessary to locate ports, vents etc. We purchased a tank for our CD36 from them about 15 years ago. I sent them a diagram of where I wanted all the fittings. They have a catalog of marine tanks you can download, look near the top of the main web page:

https://ronco-plastics.com/
Rich Abato
Nordic Tug 34 Tanuki

Previous Owner Of CD36 Mahalo #163

Southern Maine
http://www.sailmahalo.com