Cape Dory '40 for sale "SOLD"

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
KJKilroy

Cape Dory '40 for sale "SOLD"

Post by KJKilroy »

Selling my CD 40' Model year 1986 cutter rigged .Hull #9 of 16 that Cape Dory made of this size boat. I bought it with the plans to bring her back to Bristol condition. She's on her way there but life changes and I must reluctantly let her go. The work that's been done in the past years is as follows: 1.) Soda blasted bottom (to remove 25+ years of buildup) bottom paint. 2.) Five(5) coats of Interlux Interprotect HS ( not that it needed it NO blisters ) just overkill. 3.) Two(2) coats of Micron CSC.(Black) 4.) New boot stripe 5.) Compound /Wax freeboard hull. 6.) New SS propeller shaft & shaft coupling 7.) New Cutlass Bearing. 8.) New shaft log tube hose & SS clamps 9.) Engine Perkins 4-108 w/ 2250hrs. Apx. just serviced oil changed/oil filter 10.) New diesel fuel filters 11.) New Dodger w/ New Bimini top 12.) Sails in very good condition (3) Main/Staysail/Roller (Profurl) headsail w/ new sheets. 13.) Full cockpit cushions (matching dodger/Bimini 14.) Screens for all hatches / companion way 15.) New Day/Night solar Vents in both hatches (2) cabins. 16.) Bronze screens for all portlights (12) New in the box. 17.)Wired electrically for diesel generator. Boat has Radar both at the Navigation chart table and at helm. (Older system working) but needs to be upgraded to more modern (Color) chart plotter style. There's some crazing on her decks / cabin as most CD Boats I've owned or been on. There are NO soft spots on decks /cabin and boat is Dry. All in all the boat is sea worthy as I sailed it down several years ago from Maine in early November (2017) she's been on the hard since. I started again working on her this past February but as she still needs some TLC and good going over as to what's working or not. As for what I'm asking price wise I'd like to get just what I've got invested into her(Boat/Material/Parts) As for all the countless hours of work well I just love working on it as much as sail her. I'm offering it to any CD club member who will give her a good home and any reasonable offer. Boat is located in Long Island N.Y. More pictures to follow. Winter storage (2021/22) is already paid for. If interested you can call / text/ PM /eMail me 631-796-0949 ***** CD40 Has Been SOLD ***** Thanks to CD Board and all who showed an interest in this Sea Worthy CD40 K.J. Kilroy
Attachments
boat12.jpg
boat12.jpg (23.26 KiB) Viewed 735 times
boat2.jpg
boat2.jpg (25.46 KiB) Viewed 735 times
boat11.jpg
boat11.jpg (19.82 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Last edited by KJKilroy on Jan 29th, '22, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.
wizard

Re: Cape Dory '40 for sale

Post by wizard »

Good afternoon, this is Randy Enloe in Stuart Florida. I am interested in your Cape Dory 40' would she still be available? If so, could you call me at 772-475-5330? I did not see a selling price. I would appreciate a complete spec sheet of everything that conveys with the vessel. Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

Randy Enloe
bobrob

Re: Cape Dory '40 for sale

Post by bobrob »

HI
What kind of money are you lookin for?
Thanks
Bob