Mast part

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

macananny

Mast part

Post by macananny »

Does anyone have a line on a mast "clip" that restricts the mainsail slugs from coming out of the mast's slot opening when raising and lowering the main? This part on Miss Sadie my 25D went missing this past winter and now it's become a nuisance when hoisting and lowering - especially in any wind. I've tried tape, bits of sheet metal, and searched eBay without luck. Thanks!
mgphl52

Re: Mast part

Post by mgphl52 »

macananny wrote:Does anyone have a line on a mast "clip" that restricts the mainsail slugs from coming out of the mast's slot opening when raising and lowering the main? This part on Miss Sadie my 25D went missing this past winter and now it's become a nuisance when hoisting and lowering - especially in any wind. I've tried tape, bits of sheet metal, and searched eBay without luck. Thanks!
This is what google found when I searched for "mast gate": https://www.rigrite.com/Spars/MetalMast ... _Gates.php
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Anyone who has switched to the TidesMarine StrongTrack system will have one of these floating around as a no longer needed item. They may be willing to sell.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
bgephart

Post by bgephart »

Look at Davis sail track round stop at Defender. About $10 each and work fine - I have used them for more than 25 years on my CD25.
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

I have one off my old rig rite spar, original to the Cape Dory.

Contact me if you're interested.
macananny

Post by macananny »

John:

Thank you I am interested. I tried to send u some pics but ur email shown to the left did not work. Could u send me urs?

Track is 7/16 and gate opening is 5/8”.

If u can send me a pic or sketch that would help me determine if your gate will work. Maybe I can modify it.

Thanks, Mike
John Stone
Location: S/V Far Reach: CD 36 #61 www.farreachvoayges.net www.farreachvoyages.com

Post by John Stone »

Mike, mailed the mast gate yesterday.