Important Masthead Article Posted

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Important Masthead Article Posted

Post by Steve Kuhar »

An important message concerning the future of the CDSOA has been posted in a protected article in the Masthead. Please read the article, and if you wish to make an input please do so by contacting your fleet captain or myself. If you forgot the password for reading protected articles it is on the back of your 2020 (and possibly 2021) membership card, or call your fleet captain and they will give it to you.

Thanks,
Steve Kuhar
This post was modofied by the webmaster to include the following link to the MASTHEAD newsletter:

https://cdsoamasthead.org/
S/V Ethan Grey

Re: Important Masthead Article Posted

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

Steve, I read your post on masthead. First, thank you for all that you do. Secondly, I’m volunteering to help. Please let me know how I can best be of service, either locally or nationally. I have PM’ed you my email address, but I wanted to post on here as I don’t know how well that is or isn’t working at the time.

Thank you
David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
radsailor

Post by radsailor »

where do I find the "masthead"
S/V Ethan Grey

Post by S/V Ethan Grey »

David
S/V Ethan Grey
1981 CD 30C, Hull #199
Niceville, FL
CDSOA# 1947
radsailor

Post by radsailor »

I am in the Chesapeake Bay fleet and emailed: edandkatie*NOSPAM*@aol.com
came back as non deliverable.

Any help with password appreciated

Ken L.
radsailor@gmail.com
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

You must first remove *NOSPAM* from the email address before clicking on Send.
radsailor wrote:I am in the Chesapeake Bay fleet and emailed: edandkatie*NOSPAM*@aol.com
came back as non deliverable.

Any help with password appreciated

Ken L.
radsailor@gmail.com
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
fmueller

Post by fmueller »

Well I don't understand why it's so cryptic ... I can't find my card so can't read the article ... but I'd be glad to help in any way I can ... have pretty reasonable computer skills

Fred Mueller

508 250 1164
Fred Mueller
Jerezana
CD 27 Narragansett Bay
Keith

Post by Keith »

HI,

I read the article but could not find the job descriptions. I clicked on everything that I found in Masthead but couldn't find them. I also tried the search function but it said "no job descriptions found".

Please let me know where they can be found.

Keith
Steve Kuhar
Pensacola, Fl.

Post by Steve Kuhar »

Keith,
The article is about a third of the way down the recent posts list, titled CDSOA Job Descriptions.
Thanks,
Steve
jfischgrund

Post by jfischgrund »

Steve, thank you for your very honest post and for all you do for the Association.
I don't think furling the main is a good idea -- the organization is much too valuable. I might suggest that rather than being frustrated by our inability to fill positions at the national level and thus wanting to furl the main, that it might be better to think re-cutting the main. Maybe we need a restructuring that might change the need for the number of positions. It seems as if we are already decentralizing with dues going directly to the regional fleets, so perhaps some further restructuring and redefined positions and roles might be in order. Let's think about how we might best continue this fabulous organization rather than thinking about not having it.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Steve Kuhar wrote:Keith,
The article is about a third of the way down the recent posts list, titled CDSOA Job Descriptions.
Thanks,
Steve
Thanks Steve,

I found the job description. It's alway funny how you can look at something several time and not see what you are looking for when it is right in front of you. It is strange why the search function couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

Keith
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

There was a major by-laws revision where we proposed eliminating several positions that had very few (if any) duties assigned to them. That by-laws proposal went down in flames by some entrenched interests that were completely resistant to change. I hate to say it, but I think we had it right all those years ago.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton