Engine water pump Kubota cd28

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

arch007

Engine water pump Kubota cd28

Post by arch007 »

Does anyone know what water pump the Kubota 14 uses ?

Is it a Johnson?

Has anyone had luck buying parts from depco and replacing seals themselves ?

Maybe using a bench press or buying an arbor press ?

Arch
Jim Walsh

Re: Engine water pump Kubota cd28

Post by Jim Walsh »

I do not. The cover for the impeller on all the Beta engines I’ve seen has been inscribed with the pump and impeller part numbers. A Google search should be able to provide the info. The service manual will also have the specifics whereas the owners maintenance manual will likely only provide generic info. Good luck.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
bottomscraper

Re: Engine water pump Kubota cd28

Post by bottomscraper »

Assuming it is a Beta 14 (rather than some other Kubota based engine like Universal or Nanni)...

I believe they used 2 different pumps depending on when it was made. The later pumps Beta #207-08922 (picture below) are made by Beta but use an impeller made by "Johnson". The Johnson impeller part number is #09-810B-1. The Beta part number for the impeller is 207-09041.

If you order the impeller from Beta it will come with the correct o-ring, if you order it from someplace else it will not. The o-rings are 2 mm Wide, 52 mm ID 56mm ID and are available from McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/9262K531/

I know nothing about the other pump, or any of the other brand of marinized Kubota engines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rich Abato
Nordic Tug 34 Tanuki

Previous Owner Of CD36 Mahalo #163

Southern Maine
http://www.sailmahalo.com