Engine to Motor CD30

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

ghockaday

Engine to Motor CD30

Post by ghockaday »

Engine to Motor.JPG
Engine to Motor.JPG (556.56 KiB) Viewed 247 times
The way we sail this was a perfect fit.
Last edited by ghockaday on Aug 20th, '20, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Re: Engine to Motor

Post by tjr818 »

Don't tease me like that, tell me more. We are really interested in making the switch. We mostly daysail and only use the engine to motor in and out of the harbor. We have to run the diesel for a noisy 20 minutes every time just to be sure that it gets fully armed up. It would be so nice to go electric and to never have to winterize again. We have so many nice days in December and January when we can't go out because we are already winterized and starting the engine would involve the extra expense, time and trouble to do it again.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
ghockaday

Re: Engine to Motor

Post by ghockaday »

This is the 10kw from electric yacht, they seem to be more adaptable. We also sail year a round on the Chesapeake and that is why it was appealing to us. Our MD7A died shortly after buying the boat. knew its life was short but I hoped to get a year or two out of it. Beta by the time an experienced boat yard installed it was going to be in the mid to upper teens. I did the electric all myself as the batteries were the heaviest part. Feel free to email me or call I pm you my cell. Dennis
Lower Chesapeake Bay, Sailing out of Carter's Creek
Danielle Elizabeth
CD30