CD25 Winter Cover

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Voges

CD25 Winter Cover

Post by Voges »

I am in the process of buying a nicely restored CD25 in Rhode Island that has a nice winter cover.

It is described as "including a wood and steel framed Fairclough canvas cover with vents and modified to accommodate storage of the mast".

I live in Jacksonville, FL and will have the boat transported here in early June. I thought it would make sense to see if someone in New England would like the cover for their 25.

As I live in Florida I have no experience with a winter boat cover. Is there even a market for one and if so, what is a fair price for one? If it seems there is value or any market, I will have a picture or two taken and post on in the "selling gear" section of this forum.

Many thanks and I look forward to becoming part of the Cape Dory community. Btw, I am a lifelong sailor, born and raised in CT. but moved to Jacksonville 30+ years ago. Have admired the lines of the CD25 for over 45 years and now, finally have purchased one as my last sailboat. Appreciate any insight to winter covers.

You can PM me, email direct: bill@eysales.net or call/text Bill at nine-oh-four, 234- 8-seven-seven-9
mgphl52

Re: CD25 Winter Cover

Post by mgphl52 »

Depending on how often you sail and how much effort it takes to remove/replace the cover, you may want to keep it for sun protection!
UV rays do a nasty number varnish.
-michael & Toni CDSOA #789
s/v KAYLA CD28 #318
2012 FLSTC Heritage Classic
Niceville FL
+30° 30' 24.60", -86° 26' 32.10"
"Just because it worked, doesn't mean it works." -me
No shirt + No shorts = No problem!