CD28 dimensions question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Green Horn

CD28 dimensions question

Post by Green Horn »

Hi,
I'm hoping someone either know this or can tell me where to find it: What is the height from the bottom of the keel to the top of the cabin (without the mast). I am considering shipping my CD28 demasted and companies want to know the exact height of the shipment. Thanks!
Jerry Hammernik
Lake Michigan

Re: CD28 dimensions question

Post by Jerry Hammernik »

The top of the cabin won't be the highest point. The pulpit will be taller. Unless you plan on removing......

I can get you dimensions once you decide what your highest point will be.
Last edited by Jerry Hammernik on Apr 13th, '20, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Hammernik

"Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can buy a lot of things that will make me happy."
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

And higher than that if the mast is laid down on top of it.
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Green Horn

Post by Green Horn »

Hi,
Good points - thank you! I think it is going to be cost prohibitive anyway. So, I've made it from Virginia to South Florida....I'll just have to do the Panama Canal if I get that far.
psjanker

Post by psjanker »

Shipped my CD 30 from Virginia to Key West for 3k a couple of years ago. Spring is best for Shipping south due to shippers moving boats north and no wanting to drive south empty. To west coast (Washington state) as estimated to be about 10 k.

No issue with CD and height (to go under bridges) and my shipper had access to dimensions himself. Mast was strapped to brackets down on the trailer itself and pulled by a F350.

V/r

Pete
appletim1

Post by appletim1 »

Shipped my CD27 from Chicago to Connecticut last year for $4,200.