Re-introducing Restless

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Restless.cd40

Re-introducing Restless

Post by Restless.cd40 »

Hi from Ted Vander Wiede on Restless

Bob and Mary Jane were active some years ago, now picking up the torch.

Hope to share ideas and adventures of Restless again. Restless is now in Vanuatu in the south pacific. Would like to hear from other circum-navigators and people cruisers planning extended voyages. Restless has crossed the atlantic both ways, visited the Med and the atlantic islands as well as extensive cruising in the caribbean and the us east coast from Nova-Scotia to Trinidad. Longest time at sea, 51 days crossing from Panama to Tahiti.

Looking forward to hearing from friends new and old.

Ted
Jim Walsh

Re: Re-introducing Restless

Post by Jim Walsh »

Hi. Your post is a bit too cryptic for me. Have you purchased Restless from the Vander Wiede’s or are you a family member who has “taken up the torch” and Bob and Mary Jane are no longer active cruisers?
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

Hey, Ted. Welcome back!
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Carl Thunberg

Post by Carl Thunberg »

Hi Ted,

I'm glad you're still out there! I spent a little time on Restless with Bob and Mary Jane several years ago. They were gracious hosts.
CDSOA Commodore - Member No. 725

"The more I expand the island of my knowledge, the more I expand the shoreline of my wonder"
Sir Isaac Newton
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Hi Jim,

Bob and his brother Ted owned Restless together but Ted used here the most. And as mentioned in Ted’s post, he has sailed her the world over.

Jim Walsh wrote:Hi. Your post is a bit too cryptic for me. Have you purchased Restless from the Vander Wiede’s or are you a family member who has “taken up the torch” and Bob and Mary Jane are no longer active cruisers?
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
Keith

Post by Keith »

For anyone else that was wondering Restless is a CD 40. I just looked it up in the CD book.

Keith