ShipShape Canvas winter cover for 330

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

distand

ShipShape Canvas winter cover for 330

Post by distand »

Hello

I am working with ShipShape Canvas to make a new frameless cover for my 330 located in CT. Planning to have it for next fall (2019). ShipShape is located in Duluth, MN and they don't have a template for a CD33 or CD330. They will travel around the Great Lakes area to make measurements but they don't go beyond that area currently. Is there anyone with a 330 or 33 (I think it's the same hull) in the Great Lakes who would be willing to allow the ShipShape folks to make some measurements for a template. Once they get the template from another boat, I would provide measurements from my boat to make sure there are no variations. Of course, this would need to happen in the Spring when boats are more accessible.

Thanks

Don
Don
gates_cliff

Re: ShipShape Canvas winter cover for 330

Post by gates_cliff »

I bought a cover for CD 27 4 years go and have been ver happy with it. Great company to work with and the cover really helps in the winter. There's a you tube video that gives step-by-step instructions, which I need even after putting it on several times!

On another note. The first year I had it there was some chafe where the boom and mast connect. I sent ShipShape a photo and they said to ship it back to them and they repaired and reencorced that section. Now, I did pay for shipping to them but hey paid for,the return and no charge for repair.

I did everything via phone and email and they were great to work with. As an aside, when I was in the process of ordering the cover, I was working in Augusta, GA (I'd get home every couple of weeks). When I'd go home I took measurements they needed but the guy I was working with said there was a CD 27 in his area, one they had sold a cover to, so he went to that boat and confirmed my measurements.
Attachments
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 307 times
Cliff
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide
Paul D.

Re: ShipShape Canvas winter cover for 330

Post by Paul D. »

Our CD 33 is an hour away from Shipshape and on the mainland. You are welcome to have him come measure her in the spring. We've several of those covers in the marina yard and I'll vouch for their quality.
Paul
CDSOA Member