Where is CD27 #166

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Warren Kaplan
Location: Former owner of Sine Qua Non CD27 #166 1980 Oyster Bay Harbor, NY Member # 317

Where is CD27 #166

Post by Warren Kaplan »

Hi all,
I haven't posted on the CDSOA board since the end of 2015 (or thereabouts). That was the time when some boat slipped her moorings during a storm in Oyster Bay and blew down on my CD27 Sine Qua Non. The damage was severe! The estimate to repair her was way more than the boat was insured for (actually more than I paid for her 15 years earlier) and the insurance company "totaled" the boat and hauled her off a couple of days later.
I tracked her down a week or so later at some salvage (auction??) yard but the boat was already gone from there by the time I called.

I have no idea what happened to her. Was she bought by some sailor who fixed her up and is sailing her :wink: Or, was she scrapped :cry:

If anyone knows the whereabouts of CD27 #166 (1980) I'd sure love to hear about it. The name on the transom (then) was Sine Qua Non.

I do miss all of you. Especially those I remember from 15 years of friendship.

Thanks,
Warren Kaplan
"I desire no more delight, than to be under sail and gone tonight."
(W. Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice)
North Branch
Onancock, VA

Re: Where is CD27 #166

Post by North Branch »

Hi Warren,

I’ll keep my eye out for 166. If you’re ever down this way come for a sail.

Jim
North Branch, Onancock, VA

"Of all man-made things there is nothing so lovely as a sailboat. It is a living thing with a soul and feelings." H.A. Calahan