Typhoon (and larger CDs...), trailers for sale...

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Alan Stewart

Typhoon (and larger CDs...), trailers for sale...

Post by Alan Stewart »

I have recently built & delivered galvanized & aluminum trailers for Typhoons, Ty Sr.s, and a CD25D (aluminum), to Punta Gorda, Fl, Northern NC, Rhode Island, Martha's Vineyard & mid-coast Maine. All trailers have screwjack hull supports, mast support/winch/bow rest stands, tongue extensions (optional in galv. Or aluminum), LED lights, new tires, axles, wheel bearings, etc.
I'll be happy to send you photos if you like - most trailers have original factory frames (used),with all-new components. I guarantee everything for one full year. Prices range from $1,500 - $4,000 depending upon your boat's size and choice of galvanized or aluminum trailer - roughly half the cost of new manufactured trailers - but in maintenance-free aluminum if that's your choice.
If interested contact Alan via email, text or call @ 843-450-2498. I'll be happy to provide you with names of happy customers all up & down the East Coast (delivery is free in most cases!).
Thanks for looking!
Alan Stewart
Florence, SC
wentworth

Re: Typhoon (and larger CDs...), trailers for sale...

Post by wentworth »

Hi Alan,

I live in Alton, NH, and my boat has been winter stored on wooden cradle. Boat yard informed me that next fall the yard will only work with boats on trailers so I'll be looking for trailer for CD typhoon Weekender. Galvanized is fine. Not a rush job as I have year.

Thanks,

Tom Adams
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: Typhoon (and larger CDs...), trailers for sale...

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Tom:

If you want a quality trailer, you should look at a Triad Trailer. http://triadtrailers.com/

They are absolutely top quality. The owner (Mike Orro) is hands on daily and provides amazing customer service. They have built many trailers for many sizes of Cape Dory sailboats including Typhoon Weekenders. You will not need to give them any measurements. They have them on file. They also have a wide selection of options.

I purchased a Triad Trailer for S/V Bali Ha'i, my 1982 Cape Dory 25D last year. I could not be happier with the quality, the customer service, the willingness to go above and beyond. Mike is a really nice guy.
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil