CD25D for sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
RonSanga

CD25D for sale

Post by RonSanga »

cd 25 d for sale. $18,500 Fresh water boat in South Carolina taken to the coast once or twice a year to stretch her legs.

She got new sails in 2015 but didn't get used last year as I got a CD30 C to restore.
Main sail made by Mac Sails, two reef points, full batten. Lazy Jacks make dousing a breeze.
Genny is 150 made by Mac Sails to fit Harken roller furler with foam and sunbrella uv cover.
Sunbrella tan dodger with matching sail covers
New 1 GM10 in 12/12/14 with 190 hours on the meter. New prop shaft, cutless bearing and 3 blade prop.
While engine was out all sea cocks were rebuilt and serviced, all hoses and wires in engine compartment replaced including stuffing box.
Most of the teak has been replaced including the coaming boards.
Pressure water makes overnights a pleasure and the head sink very usable.
New Origo 3000 stove installed and cabinet modified with a louvered door for easy access and more storage.
I have upgraded, rebuilt or replaced every system on her. Too many to list here.
Over the years she has sailed up the east coast, all around Long Island sound, Florida east and west coast, a Cape Dory gathering from Connecticut to Cape Cod and back and the Dry Tortuga's. While considered a weekender we have spent many weeks on her comfortably.

There is also a custom galvanized trailer with many upgrades available for $4500. Tows great!

Ron Sanga
864-313-8255
Attachments
1GM-10 engine with 190 hours.JPG
1GM-10 engine with 190 hours.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 970 times
She cleans up nicely.
She cleans up nicely.
she cleans up nicely.JPG (2.08 MiB) Viewed 970 times
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG (5.35 MiB) Viewed 970 times
Last edited by RonSanga on Aug 9th, '17, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: CD25D for sale

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

As most know, I am looking to get out of "hurricane alley". I have been looking at the areas around Lake Hartwell and Lake Murray.

What fresh water do you sail your CD 25D :?: Do you have any recommendations for sailing club, etc. :?:

Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
RonSanga

Post by RonSanga »

Roberto, I have sailed just about everywhere there is around the Carolinas. Lake Hartwell is definitely the place to be if you are not on the coast. The lake has almost 1000 miles of shoreline. The wind isn't as good as the ocean but not bad. Check out Western Carolina Sailing Club, we have 2 CD330's 2 CD27's 2 CD 25D's and my CD30 C. Lake Hartwell is much bigger than Murray or Keowee but each has it's plus sides. We need another Cape Dory, never too many!

Ron
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Ron:

I sent you a PM.

Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
RonSanga

Post by RonSanga »

Bump