1980 cd 36 waste water holding tank

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

cd36777

1980 cd 36 waste water holding tank

Post by cd36777 »

hello All fellow CD lovers !
we have a CD 36 that has a below the head holding tank. I don't like this set up. was wondering if anyone had a good lead on where I could find a original style holding tank that would fit this boat, best I can tell it was located under the port side sette
Thanks for your help !
David van den Burgh

Re: 1980 cd 36 waste water holding tank

Post by David van den Burgh »

I ordered a holding tank from Ronco Plastics several years ago. They have hundreds of different tank styles, shapes, and sizes. You might check them out.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a "below the head holding tank"? If you mean that the tank is located lower than the head, that seems like an ideal arrangement. It's much better to have a downhill slope to your tank rather than pumping waste uphill and having it get trapped in a low spot in the hose. Just my thoughts. Our holding tank is in the v-berth. I've been thinking that relocating it beneath the cabin sole would be a better alternative.

Good luck.
cd36777

Post by cd36777 »

Hi David
I should have been more specific.Its a

Sealand 711-M28 Traveler Marine Sanitation System.Its a simple system but it really stinks when you flush the toilet as you open the valve directly above the tank.Maybe there's something wrong with the toilet ??or set up incorrectly . never had one of these before
Thanks for the advice
Mike
tvangilder

Post by tvangilder »

They look a lot like a portapottie.... Is it essentially a permanently mounted portapottie?
Thad Van Gilder
CD36 #53 "NIrvana"
Home Port: Rock Hall, Md