Typhoon sailmaker recommendations

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

kevindr

Typhoon sailmaker recommendations

Post by kevindr »

The overhaul is near completion and she looks great. I would like to purchase a new main and am would appreciate any input. Id rather not go with a foreign loft. I live in Mass. Thank you
MikeAvery

Re: Typhoon sailmaker recommendations

Post by MikeAvery »

Omar in New Bern, NC is making our sails, sewing them locally instead of outsourcing the work. We've worked with them previously and they're very good and reasonably priced.
TerBare

Post by TerBare »

Ullman Sails in Deltaville VA did mine and most of the sails around here. Most Typhoon that win the Wednesday night beer can races, at RRYC, are Ullman sails. Jerry is doing a great job and knows the boat well. I am pretty sure the last Nationals winner was using Jerry's sails. Check out 2016 Rappahannock River Yacht Club site. On the Nationals page a video of 2016 almost every boat had Ullman Sails designed by Jerry Latell of Latell sails in Deltaville. Check it out.
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

We just had our first sail with our new Mack 135 Genoa. I could not be happier. Give them a call, at least.
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
Maine_Buzzard

Post by Maine_Buzzard »

Bohndell Sailmakers in Rockport Maine made a new main sail for not much more than an offshore loft quoted. Will post pictures of it soon.

Highly recommended and a great destination for a long weekend. 207-236-3549
Markst95
Location: 1972 Typhoon Weekender "SWIFT" Hull #289 Narragansett Bay, RI

Post by Markst95 »

I've had a set of Sperry Sails and were Happy with them. In Marion Mass.

pjust

Post by pjust »

Maine_Buzzard wrote:Bohndell Sailmakers in Rockport Maine made a new main sail for not much more than an offshore loft quoted. Will post pictures of it soon.

Highly recommended and a great destination for a long weekend. 207-236-3549
I concur. The sails for my Ty Weekender are from Bohndell and they've done some repairs for me. Fine people, excellent work.
Peter Just
Typhoon Weekender #602, Dolcetto, Spruce Head, ME
"It is not with impunity that we go out on the water, but with sufferance." - Roger C. Taylor