CD 27 Looking for New Owner (Free)

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
SummerSail

CD 27 Looking for New Owner (Free)

Post by SummerSail »

I have a CD 27 here in Mamaroneck NY. I bought her in 2006 and my family and I have been sailing her in the Sound but have not been able to use her for the last two seasons. She was re-powered with a 18hp Westerbeke shortly before I purchased her and its been a very reliable diesel. I've done good upgrades over the years (sails, stove, bilge pump, halyards, sheets, vhf, holding tank etc.) and she sails well and is nice below. She's been at the boat yard and was properly winterized but she needs some TLC (mostly cosmetic) to get her back into top shape. I've inherited my father's boat up in Maine so my sailing orientation has changed. I'd love to find a new home for her. Please contact me if you are interested and I can discuss over the phone or show you the boat.
tmoroney75

Re: CD 27 Looking for New Owner (Free)

Post by tmoroney75 »

I'm interested... My number is 443-603-4679. I'd take good care of your boat. Tom
tjr818
Location: Previously owned 1980 CD 27 Slainte, Hull #185. NO.1257949

Post by tjr818 »

Tom, we have a 27 and we love it. I am curious about Dorus Mor. Is that the tidal race or the Scotch that she's named after?
Tim
Nonsuch 26 Ultra,
Previously, Sláinte a CD27
tmoroney75

Post by tmoroney75 »

Tim,

Those are both valid explanations as to the origin of Dorus Mor, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe the first owner was of Scottish descent, so it's the original name of the boat from '85 and I didn't dare change it.

Tom
SummerSail

Post by SummerSail »

I've found an enthusiastic new owner close to home. Daydream will be back in the water as she should be. On the Hudson vs the Sound. Thanks to those who showed interest.