Model G full restoration-no longer available

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
mkolb

Model G full restoration-no longer available

Post by mkolb »

Boat is no longer available
Last edited by mkolb on Jul 26th, '15, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Walsh

Re: Model G full restoration with wood trim

Post by Jim Walsh »

Can you provide more information on "Cape Cod Builders"? I can't find any information on a boatbuilder by that name.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
mkolb

Post by mkolb »

My apologies. That's the slang I use for them. Not Cape Cod Shipbuilding, which is another company entirely.

I am referring to Pleasant Bay Boat and Spar Company. [url]http://www.pleasantbayboatandspar.com/h ... op.php/url]

My understanding is they now own the mold to the Typhoon and in their literature, they claim their Hurricane derives its great handling from the fact that it is on a Typhoon hull. The Hurricane is an ideal boat for me and I had a great conversation with them about building one. It is a gaff rig but can be easily modified to be a Marconi sloop. They are a quality company with great people, but the cost of $40,000, and the fact that the hull was a typhoon, made me consider this route. My boat is beautiful, its the money that is making me change my mind. My heart is bigger than my wallet.
ariasis

Post by ariasis »

That hurricane is very interesting. I'd love to see what that looks like with a centerboard. Although I'd never give up my weekender for a center board boat.
Sincerely,

Chris B.
http://bristol-blue.blogspot.com/

"It is the Average Sailor, the one who will never set any records or win any major trophies, who really populates the sailing world." Ray Whitaker

"Never tell a young person that something cannot be done. God may have waited for centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing."- John Andrew Holmes