Cape Dory Rally - City Island YC, NY July 18-19

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: bobdugan

AEOLUS

Cape Dory Rally - City Island YC, NY July 18-19

Post by AEOLUS »

The Cape Dory Rally at City Island Yacht Club, City Island NY, is happening July 18-19, 2015! The planners are still planning, but the fun will include dinner, etc, plenty of yarns and information being exchanged, and probably a low-stress race or two on Saturday. Plus, Manhattan is accessible by public transportation for those who want to visit the Big Apple. More details as they develop.
drysuit2
Location: Segue, 1985 Cape Dory 26 Hull # 15 Port Washington NY

Re: Cape Dory Rally - City Island YC, NY July 18-19

Post by drysuit2 »

Keep us posted. I'd love to see everyone again.
abcnuzeman
Brooklyn, NY

Post by abcnuzeman »

Count me in. I'd love to get some first hand knowledge and sailing tips from the Cape Dory Crowd.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

This will be the start of a 2 week cruise and we'd love to join in!!

Dalton
AEOLUS

Post by AEOLUS »

We hope you will all come to the Cape Dory Rally at City Island Yacht Club, City Island NY, on July 18-19, 2015! Activities are not yet final, but we expect something like the following:

- Sail-in Friday evening to City Island YC [40deg50.441'N; 75deg47.284'W]. Launch monitors CH. 72. Call (718) 885-2487 to reserve a mooring.
- Dinner available Friday at the CIYC Pub or at the many fine restaurants within walking distance on City Island
- Let's get together at the Pub after dinner for some serious Cape Dory talk, and serious refreshments

Saturday
- fun race for Cape Dorys only (non-spinnaker)
- for those not interested in racing, a visit to the City Island Nautical Museum is a good choice
- Post-race party and dinner at CIYC (would someone like to show photos or video of a cruise, etc?)

Sunday
- Sail away after fond goodbyes, photos, exchanges of email addresses, etc.

Final schedule of events will follow as soon as possible.

Please email Walker Lewis at rwlewisNOSPAM@optonline.net (you know, remove the NOSPAM when you type the address) to express your solid interest. We need to get a handle on tentative numbers of boats and people. There will be some charges to cover costs, but we're trying to keep it cheap.

I hope to meet as many of you as possible!

Walker (AEOLUS, CD 27 #48)
abcnuzeman
Brooklyn, NY

Post by abcnuzeman »

I look forward to joining you next month for the rally. My plan currently is to leave Jamaica Bay sometime the week before and sail outside to Block Island then down the sound to City Island. Failing that, I can head up the East River, through Hell Gate.
AEOLUS

Post by AEOLUS »

abcnuzeman wrote:I look forward to joining you next month for the rally. My plan currently is to leave Jamaica Bay sometime the week before and sail outside to Block Island then down the sound to City Island. Failing that, I can head up the East River, through Hell Gate.
That's great! Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be sending out a more detailed agenda asap.

Walker Lewis