Delaware River and New Jersey

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rollo_cd26

Delaware River and New Jersey

Post by rollo_cd26 »

I realize this is a bit off the CD topics list, but does anyone have a contact for rental property near Salem NJ? I figure there are a few CD owners in the area that might be able to share a lead. I am looking at a 4 month stay to work near Salem starting in January. I would also like to spend some weekend time crewing or working on a boat, preferably a CD.

Thanks
Rollo
CD_Sailor

Re: Delaware River and New Jersey

Post by CD_Sailor »

rollo_cd26 wrote: ... does anyone have a contact for rental property near Salem NJ? ... I am looking at a 4 month stay to work near Salem starting in January. I would also like to spend some weekend time crewing or working on a boat, preferably a CD ...
Here's a start, although it's a bit general:

http://realestate.nj.com/new-jersey/salem/salem

There is a small marina up Salem Creek that's known as a friendly spot, so you may get some up-to-date suggestions there. However since you are talking about the Delaware River in the dead of winter, remember that even George Washington had a bit of trouble once a while back. I don't think you will find too many vessels on the River other than tankers belonging to Shell Oil.

Regards.