Typhoon for Sale

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.

Moderator: bobdugan

Jeff D

Typhoon for Sale

Post by Jeff D »

I have no interest in this but sail past all the time. It looks line a nice boat and a good deal.

Cape Dory Typhoon 19' Nice, Cheap! - Craigslist
boston.craigslist.org › south shore › all for sale / wanted › boats - by owner
1 day ago - post id: 4667485529. posted: 2014-09-14 10:54am. email to friend · ♥ best of. Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), ...
springerfever

Re: Typhoon for Sale

Post by springerfever »

If you are in the market for a pristine Typhoon this one might be for you. I have talked to the owner, Andy, on a couple of occasions and he has answered many of my questions with e-mails and pictures of his Typhoon. It appears to be in excellent condition. His price also includes a trailer which has not been used in approximately ten years. Tires would need to be replaced and wheel bearing service as a minimum to be roadworthy. He has the boat hoisted every winter because his mooring is FROZEN !! Have not seen pictures of the hull, but he stated he thought the hull was in sound condition with no blisters.

I WAS very interested in this Typhoon, but the boat is located on the coast near Boston and getting the boat back to Atlanta would be difficult. I also have a daughter entering med school so, of course, funds are tight.

What is totally amazing about this boat is his asking price.......currently..$3,000.00 ! This includes a good sail inventory and a few extras....no outboard, but the factory removable bracket is included.We never finalized the sale (I had never even SEEN the boat), but I feel bad about my indecision on purchase. He should have no problem selling his boat, but I thought I would pass along information on the boat and if you are in this area and looking for a Typhoon, I would suggest you give him a call or e-mail. Please tell him Ben referred you to his listing. It appears to be a true original and a great price.

Thanks,

Ben (aka springerfever)