Any Cape Dorys in Sequim WA?

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

rollo_cd26

Any Cape Dorys in Sequim WA?

Post by rollo_cd26 »

Our vacation trip next week to the Olympic National Park takes us to Sequim and Port Townsend, WA. I always like to look at boats where there is a sailing and get ideas for improving my CD26D. Does anyone out there have a CD in the area and would you mind a few sightseers?
Rollo
rorik

Re: Any Cape Dorys in Sequim WA?

Post by rorik »

Not sure where your trips starting point is, but there are two 27's and a 28 in Olympia. The 27's are in Swantown Marina.
I'm in Tacoma on Thea Foss, there is/was another 28 in Tacoma over at Tyee but I think it sold and moved to either Port Townsend or Gig Harbor. There is another 27 and/or 28 up in the San Juans somewhere, and then there's David Pattersons 26 in Friday Harbor/San Juans.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no.
rollo_cd26

Post by rollo_cd26 »

Thanks for the pointers. We start at SeaTac and head to Port Townsend, then Olympic NP. I would like to see the 26 at Friday harbor, my 26D has extra rigging that I can't figure out. The CD that might be in Port Townsend is a long shot, but Ill look around as far as I can.
Rollo
Ken Cave
Anacortes, WA

Post by Ken Cave »

The cd 27 is on F dock in Friday Harbor at the marina near the ferry dock. Easy to find.
This boat used to belong to John Vigor, but,unfortunately it is not in the same condition
that John had it when he owned it.

Hope this helps

Ken Cave
CD 28
Dragon Tale
Neil Gordon
Location: s/v LIQUIDITY, CD28. We sail from Marina Bay on Boston Harbor. Try us on channel 9.

Post by Neil Gordon »

rollo_cd26 wrote:... my 26D has extra rigging that I can't figure out.

Tell us more!
Fair winds, Neil

s/v LIQUIDITY
Cape Dory 28 #167
Boston, MA

CDSOA member #698
Ben Thomas

Post by Ben Thomas »

A few years ago after docking at Port Angeles I ran across (well, upon walking the docks) a CD 36 in the marina with the T cockpit.
B