Automatically logged out after logging in....

Discussion about how to use this board's software features and the CDSOA's website in general

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Automatically logged out after logging in....

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

If you find that you've been automatically logged out after logging in, you're computer has probably had some recent software/security updates. Make sure that our web site is set up as a trusted site with your browser. I don't know which browser you're using, but below you'll find instructions for Internet Explorer.

To create a trusted site for Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9 follow these directions:
  • Click Tools menu
    Press Alt-T if you don't see a menu
    Click Internet Options
    Click Security tab
    Click Trusted sites icon
    Click Sites
    Uncheck Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone
    Type *.capedory.org under Add this Web site to the zone
    Click Add
    Type *.capedory.org/board under Add this Web site to the zone
    Click Add
    Click OK
    Click OK

Note: You must close all browser windows and tabs for the settings to take affect.

ALSO, try deleting your cookies.

- Cathy Monaghan
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay
oldragbaggers

Re: Automatically logged out after logging in....

Post by oldragbaggers »

I have one computer, our main desktop at home, that I cannot log into the board. I have tried the suggestions you list here, and some others that have been suggested, but nothing I do seems to work. I have the board on my trusted sites. We are running Windows 8. But I am also running Windows 8 on my laptop and have no problem with it there. Very frustrating to not be able to sign into the board from our main computer since our email notifications come to that computer and that is the one my husband uses primarily so he cannot post. :cry:
Lance & Becky Williams
Happily retired and cruising aboard our dreamboat, Anteris
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/anteris/
https://www.facebook.com/oldragbaggers
Skeep
Location: Previously CD Typhoon #729, now Alberg 30 Hull #614

Post by Skeep »

I was trying to get updated on the disappearance of the Registry situation when I ran across these comments. I too have had difficulty accessing the capedory.org site. I have gone through the security options and trusted sites, etc., several times and so forth and have allowed the site all sorts of access via my laptop with little result. I have however managed to do better when I am using FireFox as the server, as I am now. Back in Windows 7 land, however, I also found that having "compatability" off also helps the site work better in the IE land. For the remainder, I simply bounce back and forth between servers hoping to be successful. I usually get on one way or the other.

IE does after time, not allow my name and password to permit me access on its browser. So, I just go to Firefox then.

Further discussion, however, as per the site hack on the Registry. Is there any extension of this malicious code attack to any other information like our email addresses, phone numbers, etc.? Should we attempt to purchase from the associated store link? These questions are still not fully addressed.

Can someone brighter than me please help to clarify this to the site membership?
Skeep
Supporting Member #1576 of the CDSOA
Current Vessel, Alberg 30 Hull #614 to be named yet
Formerly S/V Hull #729 "Baggy Wrinkles"
Blogsite for Alberg Ty and Alberg 30 continues athttp://baggywrinkles.blogspot.com
Located at Lake Murray Sailing Club, Chapin South Carolina
Cathy Monaghan
Location: 1986 CD32 Realization #3, Rahway, NJ, Raritan Bay -- CDSOA Member since 2000. Greenline 39 Electra

Post by Cathy Monaghan »

Another thing to do, and you should probably do this firs, is delete all of your cookies. Corrupt cookies cause all sorts of browser instability.

Cathy
Webmaster - CDSOA, Inc.
Message Board Admin. - CDSOA, Inc.
CDSOA Associate Member #265
Founding member of Northeast Fleet
Former owner of CD32 Realization, #3 (owned from 1995-2022)
Greenline 39 Electra
Rahway, NJ
Raritan Bay