removing throttle control cable yanmar 1gm

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Richmond

removing throttle control cable yanmar 1gm

Post by Richmond »

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to disconnect the throttle cable on my yanmar 1gm in order to replace it because it's hardened. If you look at the attached photo, I tried twisting the bolt on the cable but I couldn't pull the cable out even after giving it a few turns. I also tried turning the circular thing on the engine that the cable inserts into but no luck either. It might be helpful to disconnect the whole cable setup from the engine but I couldn't figure out how to remove the pin holding it in place. Any help would be appreciated. I haven't even gotten to the throttle side yet!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steveg

Re: removing throttle control cable yanmar 1gm

Post by steveg »

If you remove the cotter pin, it looks like the cable will be free.
Steve

Wondering why we are all not out sailing now?
Richmond

Re: removing throttle control cable yanmar 1gm

Post by Richmond »

OK I tried removing the cotter pin and successfully unhinged it from the engine but the bolt on the cable is still tightly fitted against the circular sleeve so I can't remove the cable from the sleeve. I tried removing the cable from the throttle end too but no luck either.