Pristine Cape Dory 28 for sale Dighton MA

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
GinoDelG

Pristine Cape Dory 28 for sale Dighton MA

Post by GinoDelG »

Andiamo: a 1978 Cape Dory 28 for sale in Dighton, MA.

Repowered with a new Volvo Penta diesel in 2007. Engine only has about 300 hours and looks practically new.

We did a major overhaul in 2013 including 1) replaced internal chainplates with much stronger silicon bronze external chain plates, 2) painted and Kiwi Gripped the deck, 3) replaced the two hatches, 4) repacked the stuffing box and replaced the cutless bearing, 5) installed a new depth sounder, 6) installed a new compass, 7) revarnished all the teak on deck, 8) bought new Fortress anchor, 9) new custom winter cover, 10) added a new electrical panel and replaced much of the wiring, 11) put in LED lighting throughout, 12) new bow sprit with new Spartan bronze anchor roller, and much much more.

We got obsessed with putting her back in Bristol condition, but then got seduced by a much larger boat. Our fanaticism is your opportunity.

Other Cape Dory owners who have seen her drool over this boat.

Andiamo is perfect for evening sails, weekend jaunts, and week-long cruises.

She's a beautiful classic, tough as nails, and will take you just about anywhere in safety, comfort and style.

A steal for $24,000
Attachments
new external silicon bronze chain plates
new external silicon bronze chain plates
IMG_2844.jpg (382.51 KiB) Viewed 738 times
freshly painted decks
freshly painted decks
IMG_2911.jpg (530.16 KiB) Viewed 738 times
ready to sail
ready to sail
IMG_2962.jpg (551.25 KiB) Viewed 738 times
jrogash

Re: Pristine Cape Dory 28 for sale Dighton MA

Post by jrogash »

Hi,

My wife and I own a Cape Dory 25, which we moor in East Greenwich, RI. We are looking for a boat with a bit my head room. We live in Norton, MA.

jim
Last edited by jrogash on Feb 1st, '14, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
GinoDelG

Post by GinoDelG »

Hi Jim
We're skiing in Vermont this weekend. We live in Easton MA and the boat is in Dighton MA. We'd love to show it to you. Let's talk this week.
jrogash

Post by jrogash »

Thanks.

jim
GinoDelG

Post by GinoDelG »

I've created a new much more detailed PDF with lots of pictures for anyone who's interested.

You can find it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8y45ew4dn6cr ... ndiamo.pdf