cd 31 macerator pump

Don't forget to snap some photos while you work on that boat project, then share them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

distand

cd 31 macerator pump

Post by distand »

My CD31 was built without the option to pump out the holding tank over the side. If anyone has that option can you let me know where the macerator pump and discharge port/sea cock were located? I am thinking of installing a "T" in the pumpout line and to route a hose to macerator pump in starboard locker and a new thru hull also in starboard locker maybe just aft of cockpit drain.

Thanks

Don
Don
Kevin Kaldenbach
Location: Cape Dory 31 “Kerry Ann“. Currently in Corpus Christi TX and Typhoon Weekender “Wimpyâ€

Re: cd 31 macerator pump

Post by Kevin Kaldenbach »

I think the option was a hand pump mounted in the port sail locker. I installed a macerator to the underside of the salon floor below the steps. I plumbers the suction side into the pump out hose and the discharge into the existing overboard discharge hose. I added a y valve isolate different functions.
Kevin
CD 31 "Kerry Ann"
kaldenbach.us
Jim Walsh

Re: cd 31 macerator pump

Post by Jim Walsh »

I don't have a macerator pump. The head flushes into the holding tank, then it can be pumped at a facility or overboard manually by via a Henderson Mark V pump which is installed in my port side cockpit locker. The chemicals in the holding tank and normal agitation of the contents take care of the maceration. No "solids" are emitted. It looks more like an algae bloom.
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time