1979 Cape Dory 27'

Selling or looking for a Cape Dory? Selling or looking for used gear? List your "Wanted to Buy" or "For Sale" items here.
wizard

1979 Cape Dory 27'

Post by wizard »

I have a 1979 Cape Dory 27' for sale. It is cruise equipped including refrigeration, new Mack 130% Genoa. Fully Battened Mainsail. Origo 2-burner stove. New Cockpit cushions, New Bimini and New Dodger. New Cutlass bearing, new Standing rigging, new running rigging, Danforth anchor with stainless steel chain and 150' of rode. CQR 15# with 6' chain and 150' of rode. New Mackpack with new lazy jacks. All led lights including a masthead tri-color and anchor and new led steaming light. As you can see this boat is well rigged out for cruising. I am a two Cape Dory boat owner, also have a 1983 CD 31. The 27' is 26k obo, and is located in Stuart, Fl. You may reply to me here or if you rather private message me with contact information that is ok as well.
Last edited by wizard on Jul 4th, '12, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
wizard

Re: 1979 Cape Dory 27'

Post by wizard »

I would be willing to accept a nice CD Typhoon Weekender with trailer in partial trade with cash
hoehnt

Post by hoehnt »

Too bad you are in Fla. I am wanting to upgrade from my Typhoon (see for sale thread) to a 27, 30, 33, or 36.

I am in Washington though. Would take a while to sail the 27 here.
wizard

Post by wizard »

Well that would be quite the trip, that's for sure, lol.
distand

Post by distand »

Hello, I have a recently rennovated 1976 Typhoon Weekender. Last winter I removed all of the teak and all hardware, fixed some soft spots in the core on the deck and cockpit (there was one spot at the fowrard deck where I removed some water-logged core and injected epoxy and another spot around one of the cockpit drains where I did some fiberglassing - both areas were limited in size and came out fine), refinished the teak, completely re-finished the deck/cabin. Removed several layers of old paint and put 2 coats of Interlux prekote followed by 3 coats of Brightsides. Redid the non-skid portion, rebedded all hardware, teak and re-caulked the toe rail. installed new portlights, running lights, knot meter, inspection port. The trailer is fairly new (in very good shape) and it has a Honda 5 HP 4-stroke (2006) that works fine. I also put a coat of brightsides on the hull and painted a new strip and new bottom paint. It's in really nice condition. The sails are in good shape and it also has a nice Spinnaker (seems hardly used) and pole which I've used once. There is a Genoa and working jib. It also has a boom tent but I have not rigged it.

I really enjoy sailing the Typhoon. I keep it in the Hudson River. I'm looking for something bigger to do some cruising to New England. Also, it stays bone dry below. I installed a new bilge pump but haven't needed it.

I live in NY. Might be interested in trade/cash. Is your 27 still for sale? Is there a link to some pictures, specifications? Does it come with Trailer?

Thanks

Don
Attachments
Typhoon at mooring.jpg
Typhoon at mooring.jpg (119.04 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Don
sbwilliams

Post by sbwilliams »

Email sent. Would like to see the boat if still available.