cd 25 trailer question

Discussions about Cape Dory, Intrepid and Robinhood sailboats and how we use them. Got questions? Have answers? Provide them here.

Moderator: Jim Walsh

ceilidh

cd 25 trailer question

Post by ceilidh »

good even'n all... I have an older tandem axle trailer (last used for Catalina 25) with fixed bunks. I am looking at an early 80's CD25 and want to use my trailer for the "new" boat. Does anyone have experience with CD25's and fixed bunk trailers that would be willing to share information on fit, modifications, height of bunks, width of bunks, etc. Would appreciate all help... would also like to visit over the phone if that could be arranged. Pls let me know.............. hank frazier
bill2

Re: cd 25 trailer question

Post by bill2 »

There's been some info posted on this site for making a cradle for the cd25 . My thought would be that you can glean alot of useful data ( measurements ) from those plans . I don't have the url ( off the top of my head ) but easy enough to use cdsoa's search function to find them and alot more info .

Good luck with your new cd
Oswego John
Location: '66 Typhoon "Grace", Hull # 42, Schooner "Ontario", CD 85D Hull #1

Post by Oswego John »

There are cradle plans for a CD 25. Here is one way to find them.

#1 Go to home page for CDSOA.

#2 On top of the page, on the right side of bar, click on the Telescope "Where To Look".

#3 Click on the third line down, "Other Resources For Marine Parts and Supplies".

#4 Under the heading Other "Where To Look" Resources, click on Groups and Publications.

#5 Under Groups and Publications, click the second line down "On Line Cape Dory Manuals" (cradle plans)

#6 Scroll a bit to "Cradle Plans CD 25".
"If I rest, I rust"
Voting Member #490
ceilidh

Post by ceilidh »

thanks for the responses; I did not use the search word "cradle" when I started the hunt... My trailer has power boat type bunks; however, thy have been modified to accommodate the deep keel and shaped to follow the curve of the hull. I have had trouble finding out just how high the bunks needed to be; I'm sure the cradle plans will help with that... thanks again. hank
Ben Coombs
King's Point, West Bath, ME

Post by Ben Coombs »

A trailer I borrowed once had the bunks removed, and pipes bolted to the frame that held jackstand pads. I adjusted it in the water to fit the boat I was moving (an oday tempest 23). A metal shop could fabricate the pipes for you for a pretty small cost... They were pipe with tabs welded on and u bolted to the trailer. I am seeking a suitable trailer to do this with.
Ben Coombs
seasailor55

Post by seasailor55 »

Here are some pictures of CD22 #161 and the trailer that was custom made for the boat. The PO said it would accomodate up to a 26 footer. It trailed very nicely for the 200 mile trip home. The pad supports are adjustable. Should handle a CD25 with no problem. Let me know if you want measurements.

Regards,

Seasailor55
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Seasailor55