spellcheck ?

Discussion about how to use this board's software features and the CDSOA's website in general

Moderator: Jim Walsh

Jim Walsh

spellcheck ?

Post by Jim Walsh »

Have we lost the ability to spellcheck?
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time
Sea Hunt Video
Location: Former caretaker S/V Bali Ha'i 1982 CD 25D; Hull 69 and S/V Tadpole Typhoon Week

Re: spellcheck ?

Post by Sea Hunt Video »

Jim:

I had posted a similar question the other day since I cannot spell worth a darn.

Cathy M. posted the following:

"The spellchecker used by the old board required adding what is called a "mod" to the board's software. It's one of the many "mods" that we will not be making to the new board if we can help it. We need to be able to keep the software up-to-date. We especially need to be able to apply security updates, and that's something that was impossible to do with the old board. We're not making that mistake again."

Yu an I willl juzt hav to doe beast wee cam. :D
Fair winds,

Roberto

a/k/a Sea Hunt "The Tadpole Sailor"
CDSOA #1097
"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way." Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, as quoted in Naval History and Heritage Command, http://www.history.navy.mil
Jim Walsh

Re: spellcheck ?

Post by Jim Walsh »

Thanks Bob. Hope you are enjoying your 25D. All of your posts are entertaining. This posting was spellchecked with a 56 year old computer program. :D
Jim Walsh

Ex Vice Commodore
Ex Captain-Northeast Fleet

CD31 ORION

The currency of life is not money, it's time